OPEN FIELD SOCCER PROGRAME
The Open Field Soccer program, our grassroots football development program, was designed to help less privileged children from dropping out of school by using football as a means to achieve their life’s ambitions. The program works with children from economically weaker sections of the society, providing them football training and healthy nourishment, the objective being to help them secure admission in top colleges under the sports quota category. The vision is to help them earn jobs as excellent sportsmen – in corporates and the public sector.
Instituted in 2012 by soccer enthusiasts in the neighborhood of Palam Vihar, Gurugram, the program has already seen early success with children not only playing for state and reputed clubs across the country but more importantly bagging admissions into colleges in Delhi University and Dronacharya University, Haryana, under sports quota. Very recently, Open Field children also represented the nation in an international Futsal tournament.
- Have provided professional training to over 200 boys since inception
- Participants are provided a healthy breakfast to ensure adequate focus on nutrition and health
- Over 20 boys have secured admission to undergraduate courses in various universities through football
- Helped children from lesser privileged backgrounds kick start their professional career through football
- Extended support to needy children beyond football – to support personal challenges such as medical, educational, career and family guidance and counseling.